Friday, January 13, 2006

Thanks for attending

I enjoyed meeting with many residents last night at the Volunteer Board meeting. A lot of good ideas were discussed, and I will be working with John Reed, Board Chair, on some of these. A group is forming on voluntary creek monitoring. E-mail me at my link to the right on this page if you are interested in joining in the creek monitoring discussion. I have many issues to follow-up on from the meeting and I will be contacting those of you who wished follow-up (if I was able to get your name and contact info.; if not, contact me directly).

I have been in contact with the offices of our Member of Congress, Assemblymember and U.S. Senator today asking about the FEMA declaration and there is no word yet. I learned that Assemblymember Nation is heading an effort to ask the State to ensure full-funding of reimbursement for damaged public buildings and infrastructure.

Tomorrow, a group of volunteers is planning to do a clean-up project at the 65 Spring landslide. Folks are meeting at Mono and Bolinas at 9:30 a.m. I will join in for a few hours.