Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
We are the general construction contractor for the Measure “K” Street Overlay Project for the City of
The general scope of the construction work includes:
- Asphalt Grinding
- Asphalt Paving
Our overall schedule for the construction work is as follows:
- The Broadway intersections will be under construction on 7/19/07 and 7/20/07.
- Tamalpais and Scenic Drives will be under construction on 7/19/07, 7/25/07 and 7/26/07.
Work will take place from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with no parking being allowed during those hours. We will do our best to minimize your inconvenience during construction, but delays should be expected. Those residents living on Tamalpais and Scenic Drives should expect delays of up to 2 hours on the above dates.
Should you wish to speak to a Ghilotti Bros., Inc. representative concerning private work you would like GBI to complete, please contact Al Dalecio at (415) 454-7011 X 373.
We appreciate your cooperation on this project.
The budget will be publicly discussed this Saturday the 21st from 10-Noon in the Women's Club.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Town Council Action from July 11th Council Meeting:
- Council reviewed and approved the traffic study methodology as proposed for a new development in the
’s IGA Market parking lot. The project is for a mixed use development of apartments and retail spaces. The actual project will be coming before the Planning Commission and Council for further input; the traffic study is the first step in the approval process. DeLano
- Council adopted the Second Dwelling Unit Amnesty Ordinance, which provides incentives for property owners to legalize second units. The intent of the legislation is to get illegal units on the books, and eliminate health, fire, and safety code violations, to make progress in upgrading our housing stock and increase affordable housing units.
- Council held a revised first reading of the Plastic Bag Ordinance. The ordinance was amended to provide for an exemption from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The ordinance would take effect in March 2008 and would require all retail and food establishments in Town to discontinue the use of non-recyclable plastic bags, and provide recycled paper bags instead. Ideally, shoppers are encouraged to bring their own reusable bags in order to save our precious natural resources and eliminate one more source of toxic plastic from contaminating our environment.
- Bids for
Measure K streetoverlay projects were awarded to repair the following streets: Tamalpais to Scenic; Azalea, Broadway to Merwin; and Broadway, Bank to Claus.
- Received a storm damage recovery update showing that our disaster fund is currently in the black thanks to recent FEMA reimbursements.
- Authorized the annual charity fundraising Car Show to take place on September 9th. The show organizers are taking steps to prevent parking encroachment in local merchants’ lots.
- Received a report on the idea of using a portion of
Mono Avenuefrom Bolinas to Bank for a public use seating area. Council decided to further consider the issue of creating public open community gathering space in the downtown, and take no action to implement a specific proposal at this time.
- Received a report from Council Member Brandborg on the Fairfax Shared Services Subcommittee, and appointed an alternate to the committee, Mayor Bragman. The next meeting of the Subcommittee is on Thursday, July 19th at 6 p.m. in the San Anselmo Town Hall Conference Room. The Subcommittee will hear from the Police Chiefs on cost savings ideas and from the Town Managers on potential financial consultants.
- Received a report from Mayor Bragman and Council Member Weinsoff on the very positive outcome of their facilitation of the Canyon Road Sewer District problems. The District has agreed to refund a $500 fee that had been inconsistently charged to the residents in the District. Further, the Ross Valley Sanitary Board agreed that it would pay the cost of reasonable repair to the properties that did not end up with a gravity flow sewer system as a result of the problems with the new sewer installation. This was a win-win outcome for both the residents and the District, as each were spared costly litigation and delay.
- Adopted a resolution expressing opposition to the use of depleted uranium weaponry and expressing support for medical treatment and monitoring of veterans affected by this toxin.
Monday, July 09, 2007
"Would it be possible to set up a gift card that works at all or a group of the town's businesses. I get gift certificates for people all the time, and I have to pick the place to get it from. It would be great to buy a Fairfax gift certificate good for a bunch of stores."
This is a nice idea. I have forwarded this suggestion to the Fairfax Chamber of Commerce since this would need to be a joint endeavor between the merchants.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
The agenda packet the meeting may be viewed here: