Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
The first meeting place will be the Barefoot Cafe (1900 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.) from 1:30-3:00 PM on Monday, February 25, 2008.
My second location will be the Coffee Roastery (4 Bolinas Rd) from 9:00-10:30 AM on Wednesday, February 27, 2008.
Location three will be the Bookbeat (28 Bolinas Rd) from 7:30-9:00 AM on Tuesday, March 4, 2008.
I will schedule more locations in the future as time permits and if there is interest. Please feel free to email me about anything in the blog and any suggestions you have for the blog.
Some folks have been asking about the removal of the three parking spaces on Sir Francis Drake that the Council approved for removal a few weeks ago. This will be done in the next few weeks. Sorry it has taken so long, but we had to resolve all of the issues with the Sir Francis Drake Pedestrian Crossing Projec at Oak Tree Lane. All of the technical issues have been resolved and we will proceed with this project to create the solar powered overhead flashing light and pedestrian cross walk and the restriping of the area where the three parking spaces will be removed.
Park and Hill streets will be overlayed in the coming month or so. This will involve the removal of the existing asphalt concrete (pavement) and then the application of brand new asphalt concrete.
The Slope Stabilization Project on Upper Scenic Rd will also begin construction in the next month or so. The Town Council first must approve of the low bid at the March 5, 2008 meeting.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
- Approved a change order to install solar powered overhead flashing signal for the Sir Francis Drake and Oak Tree Lane pedestrian project. This means this project can commence construction very soon. As part of this change order the three parking spaces on SFD right behind the bus stop (that Town Council voted to remove at the January 2008 meeting) will be removed and the street will be retriped.
- Approved low bid for the overlay of Hill Ave. and Park Road. The exisitng asphalt will be removed and brand new asphalt overlayed. This project will start construction within the next month, weather permitting.
- Denied the appeal on 183 Frustuck which allows for the construction of a "super green" home on this private property.
- Created a Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Ordinance Review Committee consisting of two Council Members (Larry Bragman and Lew Tremaine), two Planning Comission Members (Pam Meigs and Brannon Ketcham) and two Design Review Committee Members (Shane Deal and Laura Kehrlein).
- Appointed Lini Bodian to the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC). Congratulations to Lini!
- The full Council gave direction to Ross Valley Fire Board Members Maggiore and Tremaine to submit an offer to Sleepy Hollow to become a full voting member of the Ross Valley Fire Joint Powers Authority. Sleepy Hollow's Fire Board must still review the proposal and then it must return to the Ross Valley Fire Board and to both Fairfax and San Anselmo Town Council's for final approval. You may view the details of this proposal at: http://www.town-of-fairfax.org/TownCouncil/TownCouncilPacket/RVFS%20Sleepy%20Hollow%20Report.pdf
- Voted to send a letter to the California Department of Food and Agriculture notifying the department of Fairfax's policy requiring notifcation and prohibitng the use of pesticides on or in the commons (open space and public lands) to erradicate the light brown apple moth.
There is a Town Council meeting scheduled for February 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM in the Women's Club. Agenda for this meeting will be posted on late Friday, February 15, 2008.
In Blog #4 I will be setting up office hours for folks to discuss any matters related to the Town they wish.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
In addition, Pastori Ave. is being upgraded with a new storm drain pipe, pavement removal, grinding, and overlay between Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and the entrance of the bridge. The entire project is expected to be completed at the end of April 2008. Please be advised it will be easier to use Sir Francis Drake Blvd. during construction on Center Blvd. and Pastori Ave.
The February 6, 2008 Town Council Meeting Agenda is posted on the Town Home page and the link is http://www.town-of-fairfax.org/TownCouncil/TownCouncilPacket/
Many thanks to the Public Works Department staff that worked very hard cleaning up the Town after the heavy rains on January 4th and again on January 25th. They worked 16 hours straight at one point removing branches from our streets and clearing storm drains. Many thanks also to the Police and Fire staff that also worked around the clock.
Town of Fairfax