Town Manager Michael Rock has taken a position as City Manager with the City of Lomita effective Monday, June 25th. Judy Anderson has been appointed as the Interim Town Manager. She will take over the Town Manager’s Blog soon. If you have any suggestions for information you would like included in the blog, please contact her at email@example.com.
Thursday, June 07, 2012
Blog #18 - Town Council Actions at June 6, 2012 Meeting
Town to add College of Marin to Police Dispatch Services
The Town Council approved an agreement with the College of Marin (COM) to provide police dispatch services to COM. The College will take up the matter on June 19, 2012, and if approved by COM Board of Trustees the Town will provide all police dispatch services to COM without the need for any additional staff. In the first year of the Agreement with COM the Town will receive increased revenue of $3,000 and in the remaining four years will receive increased revenue of $23,000 per year. This is a win-win for the Town and COM. The Town will secure new revenue and COM will receive excellent dispatch services at a very competitive price.
Other actions taken at the Town Council January 11, 2012 meeting:
- Re-appointed Mia Andler, Michael Ardito, Barbara Coler, Ted Bright, Ruth Horn and Susan Adams to the Open Space Committee;
- Re-appointed Sam and Shoshanna Parry as the Town’s Artists in Residence and thank them for six years of service to the Town in their capacity as Artists in Residence and Theater Director;
- Heard a presentation from Michael Aaronson, the Fairfax Representative to the Marin Commission on Aging regarding the Four-Year Area Plan for Aging;
- Scheduled a Special Council Meeting on July 18, 2012 to approve plans and specifications on several capital improvement projects;
- Instructed property owner at 6 San Gabriel to put his car in the garage per the nuisance abatement discussion from the last Council meeting;
- Adopted Resolution 12-39, approving the Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration adopting findings regarding environmental effects and a mitigation monitoring and reporting program for the Pastori Storm Drain Outfall Pipe Project;
Other notes and announcements:
- Fairfax Festival on June 8-10; Family Friendly Film at Contratti Field on Friday June 8 at 8:00 PM;
- Vacancy on the Fairfax Youth Commission for Ross Valley youth between 14 and 19 years of age
- Vacancy for a Youth Commissioner to serve on the Parks and Recreation Commission for a 2-year term
- Vacancy for the Fairfax Representative to the Marin Commission on Aging, effective July 1, 2012
- Vacancy for a Community Member to serve on the General Plan Implementation Committee
- Announcement of Flood Control public meeting regarding new FEMA Maps at Sir Francis Drake High School on Thursday, June 28th at 7:00 p.m.in the Community Room
The next Town Council meeting will be a Budget Workshop Meeting on June 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM at the Women’s Club. A draft Fiscal Year 2012/13 budget will be presented to the Council. Residents are encouraged to attend.