The Ross Valley Fire Department reminds us all that the fire season is already upon us. It is a good time to evaluate your property against the threat of wild land fires. Our climate and topography conspire to promote summer fires.
You can assist the Ross Valley Fire Department and yourself by completing the following:
- Clear all flammable vegetation a minimum of 30 feet away from structures
- Clean all needles and leaves from the roof, eaves, and rain gutters
- Trim tree limbs within 10 feet of a chimney and trim all dead limbs hanging over your home or garage
- Cover your chimney outlet or flue with a spark-arresting 1/2 inch mesh screen
- Stack firewood at least 30 feet from buildings, fences, or other combustible materials
- Clear all vegetation and other flammables from under decks or patios
- Trim all tree branches up to 15 feet to assure fire-engine clearance
If you would like to schedule an inspection or would like more information call the Ross Valley Fire Department at 258-4686.