The Fairfax Town Council discussed the draft Circulation Element of the General Plan and made some changes to the draft. It will be discussed by the Council several more times and will be adopted as part of the General Plan after all elements are complete, public hearings held on each element and the environmental review process is complete.
The Fairfax Town Council has set the date of January 30, 2010 for the Community Fire Forum. All residents are encouraged to attend the Fire Forum where policies related to defensible space, fire hydrant and sprinkler system improvements will be discussed. The Town has been awarded a fire grant to clear brush from neighborhoods to create defensible space. The grant will begin in the spring of 2010.
Other actions taken at the December 2, 2009 Regular Town Council Meeting:
1. Appointed Efren Alba to serve on the Volunteer Board for a three-year term to December 31, 2012.
2. Adopted a Resolution honoring the Sicroff Family for their volunteer efforts for the Town of Fairfax and for their designation as the Apple Family Works 2009 Family of the Year.
3. Heard a presentation from Dawn Weisz, Interim Executive Director of the Marin Energy Authority regarding the Power Purchase Agreement with a preferred vendor.
4. Adopted a Resolution supporting the Local Taxpayer, Public Safety and Transportation Protection Act of 2010. This act is a proposed statewide initiative sponsored by the League of California Cities which would close all loopholes the state currently has regarding borrowing or stealing local government monies.
5. Adopted a Resolution creating a Town Finance Committee consisting of the Mayor, Town Treasurer, Town Manager and Finance Director.
6. Authorized the Mayor to sign a letter of commitment for the State Energy Program application of the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) regarding the Bay Area Regional Residential Building Retrofit Program.
7. Adopted a Resolution authorizing the filing of an Application for Energy Efficiency and Block Grant Program Funding for the Downtown Streetlight Replacement Project.
8. Adopted a Resolution establishing an Administrative Citation Fee Schedule.
9. Approved Town response to the Grand Jury request regarding the Homeless.
10. Heard a report on Temporary Homeless Shelters at St. Rita’s Church and Christ Lutheran Church.