The Town Council took the following actions at the June 3, 2009 meeting:
1. Heard a presentation from Executive Director Diane Linn of Ritter House on the installation of “Art Houses of Marin” at various locations in Fairfax for a period of two months to raise awareness of the homeless in Marin County. The Town Council will discuss the “Art Houses of Marin” again at the Regular Council meeting on July 1, 2009 and consider approving a licensing agreement with Ritter House
2. Heard a presentation from Jason Dow, General Manager for the Central Marin Sanitary Service regarding a proposed Food to Energy project.
3. Adopted a resolution finding that a severe fiscal hardship will exist if additional property tax funds are seized and additional unfunded mandates are adopted by the State.
4. Held introduction and first reading of an ordinance to repeal and replace Town Code 8.36 regulating the removal of trees
5. Heard a presentation from Sergeant Stuart Baker regarding the placement of an emergency siren in the Cascades at the Marin Municipal Water District water tower off of Bolinas Road and then authorized the purchase and installation of the siren
6. Approved a contract for Engineering Consultant Services with Coastland Engineering for preliminary and construction engineering on Federal Aid projects
7. Renewed Agreement with the Town Attorney for contractual legal services with the Town.
There will be a Special Town Council Meeting on Saturday, June 20th from 9-12 NOON at the Women's Club to discuss the draft Town Budget for fiscal year 2009/10 and a discussion to consider ballot language to renew Measure F –a Special Municipal Services Tax which expires on June 30, 2010. There will be a detailed power point presentation on the history of Measure F including what the Town has accomplished since the passage of Measure F and what the Town has done to keep its promise to the community to control spending and seek new revenues.