Town Council Actions –April 1, 2009 Meeting
The Town Council took the following actions at the April 1, 2009 meeting:
1. Approved the 7th Annual Fairfax Car Show scheduled for September 13, 2009 and authorized the closure of the Parkade and a portion of Broadway.
2. Approved a Proclamation in recognition of the Police Dispatchers
3. Approved a Proclamation for Arlen Philpott acknowledging his contributions to the community
4. Adopted Resolution No. 09-24 (on a 3-1-1 vote) urging President Obama to chart a New Course for Columbia.
5. Received a report from the Planning Department on the status of the General Plan Update and the Specific Plan process.
6. The Council discussed and reviewed the Town Center Element of the General Plan. The Town Center Element will return to the Council for more discussion as will all the other required elements of the General Plan.
7. The Council approved the agreement with the Marin Farmers Market to hold the Farmers Market in Fairfax each Wednesday beginning on May 6th and ending on September 30th from 4-8 PM at Bolinas Park.
The next Town Council Meeting will be held on May 6, 2009.