Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Town Manager's First Blog - STORMY!!


Hello from Town Hall:

As I sit here writing my first blog I am grateful we survived last night without significant flooding. The Fairfax Creek level under Town Hall crested at about 7.9 feet just mere inches from flooding over the top. We are expecting more rain today but the creek level is 2.2 feet right now (NOON) so we should be OK for now. Thanks to the Town Council and Town staff and residents and businesses who helped get us through last night.

I apologize this first blog is coming more than two weeks after I started as Town Manager but I am also the Public Works Director until we can hire a new one. So please bear with me as I try to update this blog as often as I can get to it. We hope to have the position of Public Works Director filled by April.

Residents and businesses are reminded to have on hand battery operated radios, flashlights and candles at all times.

I will be setting up office hours in the upcoming couple of weeks so residents can drop in and talk about anything they would like. These office hours will take place at various businesses throughout the Town. Stay tuned.

Michael Rock
Town Manager