Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blog #17 - Town Manager Resigns

Dear Fairfax Community:

It has been my honor and privilege to serve the Town of Fairfax for more than four and a half years both as the Public Works Director and the Town Manager.

I have accepted employment with the City of Lomita, CA as their next City Manager.  I will be working until June 23, 2012 in Fairfax.    

The Town has accomplished a great deal in the last four and a half years.  The Town has been able to weather the financial storms and balance its budgets despite some daunting shortfalls.  The Town will have nine capital projects underway this summer which are the culmination of years of planning and obtaining grants for projects such as the Fairfax Bike Spine Project, the Pastori Sidewalk Project, the Oak Manor Sidewalk Project, the Sir Francis Drake Bike Lane Striping Project and the Peri Park Walkway Project.  The residents, the staff and the Town Council have much to be proud of and I am grateful that I was able to be a part of all of these amazing accomplishments.  I wish the Town continued success long into the future.

Thank you to all the residents who supported the Town with Measure I (Special Municipal Services Tax) and Measure D (Local Sales Tax).  These two measures were critical to the quality of life in Fairfax.   Thank you to all the fabulous residents and many other community members and business leaders who have supported the Town Council and staff and assisted me in making Fairfax one of the greatest places to live.    

Sincerely,

Michael Rock