The Town Council met on May 6, 2009, and discussed a number of issues including agreeing to send a letter to the Marin-Sonoma Mosquito and Vector Control District urging them to preserve the “No-Spray List”. The District recently decided to not preserve the “No-Spray List”. The Council agreed to send a letter to the District urging them to preserve the list and include all Fairfax residents on the “No-Spray List”.
The Council also received an update from Planning and Building Services Director Jim Moore on the progress of updating the General Plan. There are several Elements of the General Plan that will be before the Council in the next few months. They are the Circulation Element and the Conservation Element.
Other actions taken by the Council include:
1. Re-appointed Holly Bragman to a three year term on the Fairfax Volunteer Board
2. Appointed Lana Pereyaslavska to a three-year term on the Fairfax Volunteer Board
3. Received a presentation from the League of Women Voters regarding proposed Campaign Finance Reform
4. Adopted a resolution commending the Ross Valley Fire Department for hosting the Fire Explorer Training Program
5. Adopted a resolution authorizing the Artists-in Residence to renew the mural at Central Field
6. Approved an Agreement with Camille Esposito to establish children’s recreational programming in Fairfax. Program ideas include arts and science, sports, music, dance, a New Mom’s Group, and special events.
7. Received a report from the Affordable Housing Committee on two potential sites in Town with willing property owners. There will be more information to come on this item. The town is in an exploratory mode right now.
8. Adopted a resolution authorizing participation in the Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s Grant Application Process for partial funding for a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle purchase through the Federal Economic Stimulus monies
The Fairfax Farmer’s Market has started up again. It is every Wednesday from 4-8 PM in Bolinas Park. There is a lot of great and fresh food, live music, and informational booths. The Town installed a bike rack for use while visiting the Farmer's Market at the far end of Bolinas Park by the Fairfax Creek (near where the bounce house is during the Market).
The Fairfax Festival and Ecofest is June 13-14
The next Town Council Meeting will be held on June 3, 2009.