- Approved a change order to install solar powered overhead flashing signal for the Sir Francis Drake and Oak Tree Lane pedestrian project. This means this project can commence construction very soon. As part of this change order the three parking spaces on SFD right behind the bus stop (that Town Council voted to remove at the January 2008 meeting) will be removed and the street will be retriped.
- Approved low bid for the overlay of Hill Ave. and Park Road. The exisitng asphalt will be removed and brand new asphalt overlayed. This project will start construction within the next month, weather permitting.
- Denied the appeal on 183 Frustuck which allows for the construction of a "super green" home on this private property.
- Created a Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Ordinance Review Committee consisting of two Council Members (Larry Bragman and Lew Tremaine), two Planning Comission Members (Pam Meigs and Brannon Ketcham) and two Design Review Committee Members (Shane Deal and Laura Kehrlein).
- Appointed Lini Bodian to the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC). Congratulations to Lini!
- The full Council gave direction to Ross Valley Fire Board Members Maggiore and Tremaine to submit an offer to Sleepy Hollow to become a full voting member of the Ross Valley Fire Joint Powers Authority. Sleepy Hollow's Fire Board must still review the proposal and then it must return to the Ross Valley Fire Board and to both Fairfax and San Anselmo Town Council's for final approval. You may view the details of this proposal at: http://www.town-of-fairfax.org/TownCouncil/TownCouncilPacket/RVFS%20Sleepy%20Hollow%20Report.pdf
- Voted to send a letter to the California Department of Food and Agriculture notifying the department of Fairfax's policy requiring notifcation and prohibitng the use of pesticides on or in the commons (open space and public lands) to erradicate the light brown apple moth.
There is a Town Council meeting scheduled for February 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM in the Women's Club. Agenda for this meeting will be posted on late Friday, February 15, 2008.
In Blog #4 I will be setting up office hours for folks to discuss any matters related to the Town they wish.