The Town Council held its second meeting of the month on Wednesday, September 19th and took the following actions:
· Appeal: Council heard an appeal on
· Council authorized the Town Manager and Council Member Weinsoff to request the
· Council approved a Proclamation commending the newly-formed Northern California Girl Scouts, at the request of Vice Mayor Maggiore, who serves as the Director of Girl Scouts Save the Bay.
· At the request of Vice Mayor Maggiore, Council adopted a resolution urging the Transportation Authority of Marin to persuade employers to implement telecommuting and flex time in order to lessen peak traffic.
· Council discussed a social host liability ordinance to address the problem of underage drinking parties. Council directed staff to draft a civil penalty enforcement ordinance, find out if Council members can act as administrative hearing officers, and whether the Town can use small claims court as a venue for the hearings.
· Vice Mayor Maggiore presented an update on Ross Valley Fire negotiations with neighboring agencies. The Town of
· After deliberation on the issue of the American flag display in front of Town Hall, which was an item requested by Council Member Weinsoff, Council directed staff to fly the flag in front of Town Hall at half-staff every Friday. (See next post for explanation)
· At the request of Council Member Weinsoff, Council discussed a proposal to put into place formal rules for selecting the Mayor and Vice Mayor. Council decided to take up this matter again in December.
· Council engaged in a discussion requested by Council Member Weinsoff regarding potential consolidation of public works management with San Anselmo, and decided to take no action on the issue.
· Council carried forward the following items to the next meeting: First reading of an ordinance permitting the use of tandem parking for the second dwelling unit amnesty program (Brandborg); Report from Joint Fairfax-San Anselmo shared services subcommittee (Brandborg/Tremaine); Discussion and consideration of first reading of an ordinance restricting residential car washing to prevent polluting runoff into the storm drains (Brandborg); Discussion and consideration of an ordinance restricting the use of leaf blowers (Maggiore).
· The award of bid for the lighted pedestrian crosswalk project on Sir Francis Drake at